Classic Ambiance Flashback

Friday, May 19, 2017

Dream Quartet: Loko Massengo, Madilu, Theo Blaise, Youlou Mabiala

Photo from Jerome Ogola 



I never thought of these men until recently. I want to do it and I will do it now. I will put these men in a dream quartet scenario now. 

I am speaking about Loko Massengo, Madilu System, Theo Blaise, and Youlou Mabiala

These men would be the perfect quartet for many reasons but I will cut it down to two main reasons 

1) They are from the era of good OK Jazz, Afrisa, Veve and Bantous de la capitale 
2) Their voices would actually meld well together. 

I mean imagine the beautiful sounds of these four men. Just imagine Theo Blaise's high tenor with Youlou being the countertenor as well as the deep baritone of Loko Massgeno and husky baritone of Madilu System together. 

It could have been similar to one time where OK Jazz had a great quartet of Aime Kiwakana, Josky Kiambukuta, Lokombe Ntal and Madilu System together. It would have been great in the same way with this dream quartet of Loko Massengo, Madilu System, Theo Blaise Kounkou and Youlou Mabiala. 

Songs that would have fitted would have included Monzo, Alita, Kamikaze, Mario Tebbo, Djaffar, Pesa Position and others. 

I believe that these men would have been a powerful house if they had done a song together or better made an album together. It would have been a blast. 

1 comment: