Classic Ambiance Flashback

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Mayaula Mayoni & Mpongo Love





 

Hello friends. I am back with something special. It has been weeks. So many problems (as usual) with school things and usual youth crap that I deal with. 

Now I look at two people I wish would have made more music together. I am speaking of Mayaula Mayoni and Mpongo Love

These two made one incredible song that I cannot get enough of. That song is Ndaya. It is a song that send Mpongo Love to become one of the earlier pioneers of Congolese Music Diva Scene. In fact there were two singers that came before. They were Abeti Masikini and Mpongo Love. In fact thanks to Abeti Masikini, you got Abby Sourya, Mbilia Bel and even Tshala Muana

This song also helped make Mayaula Mayoni officially as a musician and no longer quite the soccer player that he once was back in the older days. He would later on make some incredible songs such as Mizele, Nabali misere, Bikini, Ousmane Bakyoko. 

But however I feel like that Mayaula Mayoni and Mpongo Love missed a oppurtunity to make more music together. Whenever I listen to Ndaya, I see the voices and the guitars together. I think the vocals are Mpongo Love and Empompo Loway who does a great job with his saxophone with the soothing guitar rhythm of Mayoni. This song is a great song and it is beyond just a song. It is a song with message of a true love and a desire for better love within the relationship. Furthermore, you can see the chemistry of Mayuala's guitar and Mpongo Love's vocals. That is why I feel like that Mayoni and Love should have made more music together. Because the chemistry is there and when you have it, you would like to keep going. That is my honest opinion. Had they made more music together, I honestly feel like that they would have had bigger stardom in both of their careers. 

But then again that is fantasy. I am so grateful that Mayaula Mayoni and Mpongo Love made a great song together called Ndaya. It is a event that I feel it is not discussed enough by our elders. I am so happy. 

In fact this goes along with another announcement:
I will do dream duets during this year. I will do two artists that I feel should have or should work together. I will do all artists. Dead or alive, I will do them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment