Classic Ambiance Flashback

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Dream Duet: Aretha Franklin and Patti LaBelle

I can see something special here. Now I am going to take two singers that I have felt should done something together. But they are so old, but they have performed together but never did a real duet. 



I am speaking about Aretha Franklin and Patti LaBelle. 

I have always said that I feel that one female singer that could have given Aretha Franklin some great challenge would be Patti LaBelle. When I hear some great songs like Chain of Fools, Call Me, and Think, I can hear some great power of Aretha Franklin. Her confidence is so telling behind the success of those songs that I mentioned. 

With Patti LaBelle, what shows her great voice. The original song Lady Marmalade. Not the 2001 version but the 1974 version with her former band The Bluebelles. Patti LaBelle could show her ability to give so much powerful under her voice. 

I have my reasons why Aretha Franklin and Patti LaBelle should be duet partners. 
1) Their voices are different
2) Aretha definitely should had a female challenger to her voice
3) Patti LaBelle clearly wanted to more like Aretha in her early career before having her own identity. 
4) I just think they could have made a good LP collaboration.
5) They have powerful voices like old and young times. No change in their voices by age. 

Think I am lying about the voice. Listen to this version of Rolling deep by Aretha. She still sounds fantastic. 

Look at Patti LaBelle singing Sam Smith's song Stay with Me. In my opinion, LaBelle sounds better than Sam Smith. Unfortunately in this video, you hear some crazy people occasionally. 

Though I feel they should have made a duet or collaboration Lp when they were younger, they are actually great duet partners. Their voices are eternal. Instead having faded voices, they are still very strong. I believe today, if they made a collaboration, people would stand and go nuts. 

Aretha Franklin and Patti LaBelle are eternal singers. Their advanced in some cases made their voices stronger. I still feel like that LaBelle and Franklin should come together and do some music together. If they did, I would be the first to listen. 

Just look at this brief performance, if it gone longer, I think this would be one great TV moment. Lots of potential. I will leave with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment