Classic Ambiance Flashback

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Dream Duet: Celine Dion and Mariah Carey

I am happy to leave the best for last. Because this is the dream duet I believe would have been a great moment in music in American History. Two powerful female singers who can meld their aggressive sounds together. 




I am saving the best for last. I am going into two of favorite female singers. Celine Dion and Mariah Carey. These are the two singers that would have been great not only on some records but even make a collaboration album. They were made for each other. 

I have too many reasons why they should be duet partners but imagine hearing Mariah's lovely feminine voice and then get the more passionate emotional Celine, you got a song that would move you. I think they could have made some incredible R&B and other slow songs together because their voices would fit into something mellow and lovely.

I also know that when you put these two singers together, you could have unexpected magic. Also it fits since they are different people. Mariah loves the spotlight while Celine is open but very more musical. That in my view is perfect. Because you can take Mariah's addiction of fame and Celine's pure love of music into a song that would move you and make you just appreciate music as it is. 

But here is one artist they are both fans of:

Ne-Yo

They have both worked with the great R&B singer and songwriter Ne-Yo. Ne-Yo is known as one singer that helped artists such as Michael Jackson, Mary J Blige, Monica, Mary J. Blige, Usher, Mario and others. 

Mariah Carey did a song with Ne-Yo on a song called Angels Cry. It was a popping love song. I enjoyed it a lot when I first heard of this song. 
Ne-Yo made a nice pop sound duet with Celine Dion on a song called Incredible. This song is definitely a club banger. Celine Dion sounds perfect. 


I think one way that a great duet could be made between Celine Dion and Mariah Carey is have the songwriting and lyrics from Ne-Yo himself. Make sure he can be able to make the song for Celine and Mariah to be able to make the song or songs powerful. 

Here are some Mariah performances I enjoy 
Here are some Celine's performances I love 

I can say those performances show you how great they are. I think they could have more power if they team up and make some records together. I believe this duet is more probable than most of the dream duets that I can imagine. 

I am fortunate to both hear their voices and know their music as much as I can. There are some songs of other artists and themselves that I believe would have fitted Mariah Carey and Celine Dion together.

Immortality 

I'll Be There (The Mariah Carey version) 
I still believe 
The way it is 
Always be my baby 
What's Going On (Marvin Gaye) 
Angel (Aretha Franklin)
You've got a friend (Carol King)  
Imagine (John Lennon)

I will end by saying that if there is one duet that needs happen is seeing the vocals of Celine Dion and Mariah Carey in a great song. This is a duet I think would make the most sense. This dream duet would make sense totally. 

Later on, I will look for more songs or causes of I want to see a duet of Celine Dion and Mariah Carey. This is one of the dream duets that I really hold to my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment